Nigeria’s former Minister of Power, Sale Mamman who was sacked by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, denied reports that he collapsed on hearing the news of his removal from office.
Reports on Thursday emerged that Mamman was hospitalised shortly after hearing that he had been sacked
Reacting to the reports, Mamman in an interview with BBC, said that he was only advised by his doctors to take some rest.
He explained that he had been ill prior to his sack.
“Even before this step was announced I was very unwell, because I did not even go to the office earlier this week.
“So, yesterday (Wednesday) and today (Thursday) I also went back to the hospital for another round of check-up; and the doctor instructed that I needed some ‘rest’ so I remained at one place to rest,” he said.
“I found a serene and quiet environment to rest and take medication as recommended by the doctor. I didn’t stay at home because sympathisers are trooping to console me; this would prevent me from resting and convalescing on time.
“But I was also not hospitalised, and I didn’t faint as reported,” he added.