Princess Eugenie has arrived at Balmoral on Wednesday in what is believed to be a show of support for her dad, who is accused of sex abuse.
The 31-year-old was pictured at the castle in Aberdeenshire, where her father, Prince Andrew, is locked in crisis talks.
Eugenie, who gave birth to her first child in February, was driven to Balmoral after flying to Aberdeen Airport from London Heathrow.
It comes as Andrew faces unprecedented pressure to respond to the allegations, which he has previously denied.
He has been locked in crisis talks with the Queen and his advisers, including ex-wife Sarah Ferguson at Balmoral.
This week a bombshell civil lawsuit filed in New York accused the royal of sexually abusing Virginia Giuffre, who was trafficked by the Duke’s paedophile pal Jeffrey Epstein, when she was 17.
Ms Giuffre – who was known as Virginia Roberts – has alleged the Duke is guilty of “rape in the first degree”, when she was held against her will by Epstein when she was 17 in 2001.
The mum-of-three, now 38, claims she was left fearing for her life if she refused to have sex with Andrew, who was around 40 at the time of the alleged wrongdoing.
Andrew, 61, has been given 21 days to respond, or has been warned he faces judgement by default.
He has previously fiercely denied any wrongdoing.
Universal News And Sport (Europe))
Legal papers filed by Ms Giuffre’s lawyers in the US state: “Prince Andrew’s wealth, power, position, and connections enabled him to abuse a frightened, vulnerable child with no one there to protect her.
“It is long past the time for him to be held to account. Prince Andrew’s actions…constitute extreme and outrageous conduct that shocks the conscience.
“Prince Andrew’s sexual abuse of a child who he knew was a sex-trafficking victim, and when he was approximately 40-years-old, goes beyond all possible bounds of decency.”
Royal sources have confirmed Andrew, 61, was expected to be one of his mother’s first guests in Scotland, but was “not due for some days”, before he was summoned by the monarch.
Peter Jolly / Northpix)
The prince was forced into exile from his royal role following revelations of his close relationship with Epstein.
Ms Giuffre says she was forced to have sex with Andrew on three occasions in 2001.
He is understood to be keen to issue a statement, but sources revealed he has been advised to wait until his legal team “have fully examined exactly what they are dealing with”.
Andrew left his Royal Lodge home in Windsor with his ex-wife, with who he still lives despite being divorced since 1996, before arriving in Scotland yesterday just after 6pm.
Ms Giuffre filed the civil suit on Monday, seeking unspecified damages at a federal court in New York, where the documents claim that she was “lent out for sexual purposes” by disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein, while she was a minor under US law.
One royal source said: “He was summoned up to Balmoral, there’s no doubt about it.
“The Duke is locked in talks, both with the Queen and his advisors which includes his ex wife who it’s fair to say is his closest confidant.
“It’s no surprise to anyone Fergie has ended up being very publicly back on the scene mere weeks after the Duke of Edinburgh’s death.
“Everyone knows the clock is ticking and all the whole further embarrassment is being caused but after this latest turn he is fighting to save the last crumb of his reputation.”
Ms Giuffre’s lawyer David Boies said the Duke of York “cannot hide behind wealth and palace walls” and must respond to sexual abuse allegations.
He said his team had been “stonewalled” after “repeated attempts” to contact Andrews legal representatives over a possible settlement.
Mr Boies added that “at this point litigation is the only way to establish once and for all what the truth is – and litigation is the only way to establish once and for all what Prince Andrew’s evidence actually is”.
The lawyer said people “ignore the courts at your peril” and that “it would be very ill-advised for Prince Andrew to ignore judicial process”.