An Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis.
Interswitch started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment. We are recruiting to fill the position of Product Marketing Manager
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager
- The ideal candidates would be responsible for delivering sustainable and profitable, market volume, value and brand equity growth for assigned products/brands
Product Marketing Strategy Development:
- Provide meaningful strategic input in the formulation and implementation of annual product marketing plan and budget including formulation and implementation of promotional/transaction growth initiatives
- Support Head of Product Marketing in planning and developing the growth strategy in conjunction with product, consumer segment, market research and Brand Managers
- Support Head of Product Marketing in strategically managing the product life cycle for assigned product / service / solution.
- This is not primarily a brand management / communications role, but one more centered around core product growth through effective management of the marketing mix – product, pricing, route-to-market and promotional strategies. The role would however closely collaborate with the central brand management and communication objectives to achieve product marketing/growth deliverables
Product / Growth Marketing:
- Market intelligence – Be the expert on customers /users, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape – Be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document consumer behavior and user journey, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Expected to use this insight to strategically drive improvement to our marketing & customer acquisition/retention
- Understand key drivers of Return-On-Marketing-Investment (ROMI) and their practical application, including concepts such as Customer Retention and metrics for evaluating these; such as Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) and other.
- Develop sound go-to-market (GTM) plans for the products/solutions/services you support, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers, the acquisition of new customers, the achievement of product revenue targets and product market share.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your assigned products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Provide sales enablement – understand and support sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
Market & Customer Research / Intelligence:
- Apply research skill to accomplish business objectives: analyse data, search for trends, develop key findings, conclusions and indicated actions from qualitative/quantitative consumer and customer research
- Search and spin global best practice go to market processes and approach
- Compile briefs and reports on competitor intelligence, including insights around detailed positioning of products and segment propositions
Channel Distribution Partner Management:
- Interface with channel partners to drive cost effective initiatives
- Leverage on partnerships to drive brand visibility and usage of assigned Interswitch products & solutions
- Good 1st degree in relevant field / discipline
- MBA from a reputable local / international institution can be an added advantage
- Membership of a relevant professional association is desirable but not mandatory (CIM-UK etc)
- Product Management / Marketing certifications such as AIPMM also confer an advantage.
- 5-8 years active/relevant experience in a similar function with preferred experience in data-driven, highly competitive, complex, dynamic and digital environments such as Payments & FinTech, Financial Services, e-Commerce, Telecommunications.
- Candidates with strong experience in FMCG/Trade Marketing sector would also be considered.
Application Closing Date
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.