Federal Ministry of Environment
The Federal Ministry of Environment was established at the inception of the new Civilian Administration under the leadership of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo in June 1999 to ensure effective coordination of all environmental matters, which hitherto were fragmented and resident in different line Ministries. The creation was intended to ensure that environmental matters are adequately mainstreamed into all developmental activities.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
The Federal Ministry of Environment, through the Department of Climate Change, invites applications from suitable candidates for the position listed.
- Keep the accounting records of the project;
- Arrange and archive accounting records in an appropriate manner in accordance with UN International Accounting Standards and Procedures Manual and the provisions of the Financing Agreements;
- Under the supervision of the National NAP Coordinator, prepare quarterly, mid-year and annual financial reports of the project at the established frequency and forward them no later than the fifteenth day at the end of each reporting period, while ensuring prior control of all financial information;
- Regularly monitor the financial implementation of the project within the approved budget and in accordance with the provisions of UN Environment and the provisions of the financing agreements;
- Carry out the year-end inventory (fixed assets, inventories, depreciation);
- Carry out the closing of the accounts at the end of the year;
- Prepare and facilitate the conduct of annual project audits, and improve internal control procedures by taking into account audit recommendations;
- A Degree in Administration, Sciences or related field.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 3 years professional experience.
Additional Competencies Required:
- Analytical skills, initiative, sound judgement, results-oriented and efficiency in a multitasking environment.
- Good inter-personal and teamwork skills, networking attitude, ability to work in multicultural environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in complex situations
- Ability to work in an independent manner, set priorities and organize the workflow efficiently.
- Willingness to travel around the country to coordinate, attend and monitor project activities
- Full working knowledge of English, including excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Very good computer skills and ability to use information technology as a tool and resource.
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills in English.
Method of Application For Administrative Assistant
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application which should contain their Cover Letter explaining why they are the most suitable candidate for the position with relevant credentials to:
The Office of the Director,
Department of Climate Change,
Plot 444 Aguiyi Ironsi Street,