Website Branch International
Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets.
Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in the United States, Nigeria, Kenya, and India, we believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility. We are recruiting qualified candidates for the position of Associate Accountant
Job Title: Associate Accountant
The Associate Accountant will report to the Senior Accounting Manager for Nigeria. This will be a permanent role that will involve accounting, reporting as well as ensuring adherence to internal controls and statutory compliance.
- Production of daily, weekly, monthly reconciliations for Nigeria covering disbursements, Repayments & Net-cash, third party contracts.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions with deep knowledge of IFRS.
- Assist the team to ensure the preparation and communication of timely, accurate, and monthly financial and management reports.
- General ledger reconciliations on NetSuite and reviewing final financial reports required by management including accompanying schedules, worksheets, and narratives.
- Assisting with annual external audit, completing requested materials.
- Filing and documentation management.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings
- Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Candidate must be proficient in using Microsoft Office tools especially Excel
- The candidate should have worked with an accounting system; Oracle, Sage, Netsuite
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible hours
- Professional qualification(s) (e.g ACCA, CIMA) will be an added advantage
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise. You’ve started and/or contribute to projects you’re passionate about.
- You are a great collaborator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully-paid Premium Plan medical coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Generous child bonding leave policy
- Pension Benefit and Life Insurance
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly team meals and social events (virtual for now!)